"A woman should be two things, classy and fabulous!" -Coco Chanel

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Eyelash Candy...

Mascara is a MUST have for me.  I'll admit it, I do wear mascara running errands, grocery shopping and the gym.  Yes, I just said the gym ;-).  For a girl with light eyelashes, when I put mascara on its an instant makeover and I'm all for that!

With that being said, I have tried many different mascara's over time.  From drugstore to designer, here are my top picks:

Drugstore Brand:



2218871.jpg
Maybelline Falsies Mascara
This eyeliner is definitely true to its name.  The curved brush makes it easy to reach your lashes from root to tip.  Its formula elongates your lashes while separating each one.  This mascara is great for a flirty look on a date or a night on the town with your girls.  Its not so clumpy the first few times, but after a couple of weeks the formula does start to clump.  For only $8 at your local pharmacy, it is worth the price!


20110107_bb_250x375.jpg
Maybelline One By One

One By One mascara is great if you already have long lashes, and just want a mascara to define them.  This mascara's brush seems to reach every lash and gives them some volume all at once!  Great everyday mascara for the office, class or lunch with friends.  The only downside I have about this mascara is that it does leave some flakes after 6 hours of wear. At around $7 its a beauty bargain that can be found at any major convenience store.



Designer Brand:



cargo-texas-lash-mascara-en.jpg
CARGO Texas Lash Mascara
Texas Lash Mascara by CARGO was one of my first "luxury" mascara's that I purchased.  At $21 it is definitely worth the investment.  The big fat brush glides on lashes and gives you the VAVOOM look.  Its brush also allows for very easy application.  You can reach all lashes with one swoop.  Layering is also easy with this mascara, as it doesn't clump.  One of my favorite designer brands.  It can be found at ULTA, and Sephora.


YSLFauxCils.jpg
Yves Saint Laurent Faux Cils Mascara
I recently purchased this eye candy from a Nordstrom beauty counter.  Everything from the packaging to the wand is luxurious.  While wearing this mascara I have been asked several times if I was wearing falsies.  This is definitely a mascara for girls who like to have that faux lash look without all the pain that comes with falsies.  It doesn't flake, and separates each lash perfectly.  This is definitely my new go to for day, night, gym...(haha)!  Anyone who wants a dramatic look..this is for you!  At $30 it is a little bit expensive, but worth every penny!  This gem can be found at any YSL beauty counter.

These are just a few of my favorites among many mascaras!  What are some of your favorites?

-Charlotte :)

No comments:

Post a Comment