"A woman should be two things, classy and fabulous!" -Coco Chanel

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Polish Perfection

Hi everyone!  I am so sorry for neglecting this blog, I've had so much going on (job transitions, working a second job, life!) that I have had no time to post.  This is going to change though, as I love having this blog as my creative outlet and to share my beauty/style obsessions!

I've been reading so many blogs lately, and I've been SO inspired.  My dream is to have a blog that will be accessible to everyone, all over the world! A daily escape for people wanting to have a little glamour in their life! ;-)

Moving on to the title of my post....

I have been obsessed with nail polish since I was a little girl.  I love that painting your nails can make you feel so "polished" ;-) and done up.  Lately, nail polish has evolved into gel polish which has evolved into nail art! So many different ways to dress up your fingers and toes!  The colors available are endless, and you can really never go wrong...(maybe there are some questionable "green's" out there :/). 

However, if you are on a budget (holla!) and can't afford a weekly mani/pedi, I suggest investing in some great colors and creating your own spa at home.  All you need is a nail file, hand lotion and your favorite bottle of polish.  Here are some of my all time favorite colors:

OPI Lincoln Park After Dark:
This is the perfect fall/winter color.  It is not black, rather a deep plum/maroon color.  My go to color for nights out on the town as well! Works well on short-medium legnth nails, anything more looks a little "Elvira" like.
Photo Courtesy of www.dailycookie.net

OPI On Collins Ave:
This was my first OPI buy.  SO awesome for summer! It's a perfect orange/red, and its shine makes you feel like you must have a skinny margarita in hand while wearing it! ;) Works well on any legnth of nail.
Photo Courtesy of http://www.e-polishblog.blogspot.com

OPI Mod About You:
I recently tried this color after seeing it on my co-worker.  I tried it out, but I must admit this color is better suited for people with olive skin tones or a golden tan. It washes us pale girls out! Still a very fun color for ladies with darker complexions and is such a girly pink-perfect for bridal/baby showers! Better for shorter nails.

Photo Courtesy of www.hausofpolish.wordpress.com

 Nicole by OPI All Kendalled Up:
Oh those Kardashians....its hard to escape them.  BUT this color surprised me from their line that recently launched for Nicole by OPI.  This bright pink has been on my nails recently as a fun summer color.  The color is a real hot pink with a creamy finish. Works well on most nail legnths.

Photo Courtesy of www.auroranails.com

 Essie Turquoise and Caicos:
I love any color from the blue family, but especially love the tiffany colored blue of this polish.  Another color perfect from Spring to Summer.  It does need about two or more coats as it goes on light.  If you are looking for a less expensive version "For Audrey" by China Glaze is awesome and almost exactly the same color. Works well on shorter nails.
Photo Courtesy of www.thislittlefinger.blogspot.com

OPI Samoan Sand & OPI San-Tan-Tonio
Nudes are also a great color to have in your polish collection.  They go with any outfit, and are totally office/service industry appropriate.  Another plus is they last a little longer (when they chip you can't tell as much as a bright polish!)  The first color is great for fair skinned ladies.  The latter color is better for darker skinned ladies. Works for long or short nails.
Photo Courtesy of www.prettyseaeagle.wordpress.com

Photo Courtesy of www.anotherbottleofpolish.blogspot.com
So there you have some of my favorite polishes that can be found in my beauty cabinet.  I haven't even touched the universe of nail polish colors, and the brands for that matter!  There are plenty of dupes for all OPI, Essie and Deborah Lippman polishes in drugstores.  A favorite low cost polish line for me is Sinful Colors sold in Walgreens and CVS for only $1.99!! Can't beat that.

No excuses now, ladies!  Buffer up those hands and feet, splash some color on and throw on your favroite sandals for a polished look!

-Charlotte xoxo

P.S: Follow me on instagram for my nail polish posts-I try to post every time I try a new color!! Username: char28x

2 comments: